Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hello World and GSoC2013 Introduction

Hello Word!

I can't promise I'll post regularly or keep this up to date, in fact I can pretty much promise I won't but I'm not going to.  Anyway this'll be a blog on my development related activities and maybe some other things, who knows?

Onto the project:

For GSoC2013 I'm helping to develop and implement the Changetracking specification being developed by OASIS for the Calligra Office Suite, to do this I am writing an Operational Transformation library (Currently codenamed kostep) and integrating that with the kotexteditor component of the Calligra suite (There may be other hook ins later outside of the scope of GSoC2013 but the current specification only covers adding and removing characters and paragraphs).  I'm not going to get into the implementation details right now but the bigger picture is it being based on Operational Transformation will lay the groundwork for future features such as Collaborative Editing.

I think that's all I'm going to cover for right now, back to code!